I'll walk where my own nature would be leading: It vexes me to choose another guide. (Emily Bronte)

15 November 2008

Done at last


A lot of people refuse to do things because they don't want to go naked, don't want to go without guarantee. But that's what's got to happen. You go naked until you die. (Nikki Giovanni)

Here's my first ever piece of art -- done at last. Had a small crisis when the cat walked across it but I got the paw prints off.

Good for the cat and family harmony since, being more of a dog person, I was ready to hand Sydney the Cat her food bowl and point her toward the door. That led to a long discussion where I pointed out that there wasn't much point in having a workspace (haven't quite reached the point where I can call it a studio yet) if I can't leave my work in it. They saw the point and we negotiated a settlement. The door stays closed and everyone makes sure that the cat doesn't go in there anymore.

Anyway, she's done at last (I'm so proud). My daughter wants me to do a variation with a dragon (she loves dragons). I'd like to do another female. We'll see. Next up are some more EDM challenges.

13 comments:

Lilithas said...

She's lovely in her simplicity. Very nice job!

Stephen Hall said...

I really like this! How big is it? Did you use ink or paint? It reminds me of a style developed by Aubrey Beardsley (I think thats how you spell it!) It really works, well done.

Lisa Adams Reed said...

Wow---tell us more about how you did this! And welcome to EDM!

Margaret Ann said...

OUTSTANDING....She is gorgeous! :)

Brenda Yarborough said...

Wow - very nicely done and I'm so impressed this was just "out of your head!" I have to have the subject or ref photo right in front of my eyes.

Cecelia said...

This is really elegant! I can see a companion piece, facing this one.

rrARTz said...

i think it's beautiful.

Timaree said...

I think she ended up better than your earlier picture of her. You really finished her up nicely. I think you should try the dragon. I agree with your daughter as I think it could be just as awesome as this one.

Carol Feldman said...

Hi again! This turned out lovely! Now, let's see some more EDM's! Get to work!!

Barbara said...

Your first is absolutely spectacular!

Timaree said...

Indigo, I have tagged you! Come to my blog to see what it means.

Leah said...

she's gorgeous!!!

Sarah Ketelaars said...

lovely! makes me think of Aubrey Beardsley. Really stunning - you must be chuffed.