I'll walk where my own nature would be leading: It vexes me to choose another guide. (Emily Bronte)

19 November 2008

Trying to Hear

Stopping at third base adds no more to the score than striking out.~~ E. Joseph Cossman

My son started climbing at the age of two. Playgrounds. Walls. Whatever was at hand. My husband found a place, I think it was Boy Scout Headquarters in Philadelphia, where there was a low, wide rock wall that encircled the property.  Joshua would walk the entire wall while holding onto my husband's hand. 

I think Joshua defined determination. He wanted it, he went after it. My husband was there to watch over him, make sure that he learned the right (safe) way to do whatever he planned to try next ... but he always got to try.  To reach.

Teachers come from many places and lately, it seems as though the universe is trying to give me a message. Wanting isn't enough. Trying haphazardly won't do it. Make a plan. Stick to it. Determination. Discipline.  So, even though I've already done EDM #1, here it is again. My ears are open and I'm trying to hear the message, universe. Keep talking!

2 comments:

Ann said...

This is a terrific drawing. I like what you had to say here too - it's good for everyone to remember.

Timaree said...

Great page here. It's hard to let them grow up but they've got to do it. I don't see anything wrong with drawing 100 pairs of shoes if they call out for it. You've got memories here besides a pair of shoes.